It takes knowledge and experience to determine the value of an aircraft in today’s changing markets. Carver Aero has the expertise necessary to meet all your aircraft appraisal needs. Our clients include aircraft buyers and sellers, lenders, law firms, insurance companies, accounting firms, government agencies, flight schools, air charter companies and airlines. Our Chief Appraiser is a Senior Certified Appraiser with the Professional Aircraft Appraisal Organization (PAAO). Every report is written in strict conformity with the Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) – the Gold Standard for appraisals in North America. From homebuilt aircraft to commercial airliners – we value everything you fly.
Anatomy of an Aircraft Appraisal
Definition: An aircraft appraisal is an impartial opinion of value prepared by an expert who knows all the factors relevant to the current behavior of the aircraft market.
The process begins with a physical examination of the aircraft. Each component of value (see illustration) is identified, verified and graded by the appraiser. Next the aircraft logbooks and records are examined for accuracy and completeness. Then all the relevant factors in the market are thoroughly researched and considered. Finally, a report is generated that is easy for the client to understand. This is the only accurate way to develop a credible opinion of value of your aircraft. Carver Aero has the experience, knowledge and expertise to appraise everything you fly. Our services are always rendered competently, objectively, and without bias.
Common Types of Value Determinations
- Market Value – an opinion of value regarding the most probable price that your aircraft should bring in a competitive and open market.
- Retrospective Value – an opinion of value regarding an aircraft’s value on a specific historical date. This type of appraisal is often used for estate matters, litigation, and insurance claims.
- Prospective Value – an opinion of value based on a future date. This type of appraisal is commonly used to determine the aircraft’s future value of after damage repairs, refurbishment, engine overhauls, avionics upgrade or other improvements.
- Other Value Determinations – Liquidation Value, Forced Liquidation Value, Diminution of Value, Replacement Cost, and Scrap Value.
- Appraisal Review Services – This type of appraisal service is used to determine the accuracy and compliance of another appraisers work.
Additional Consulting Services
- Qualified Expert Witness – Carver Aero offers Subject Matter Expertise in the areas of Aircraft Valuation & Appraisal Reporting. Additionally we provide appraisal review services, deposition review & analysis in support of litigation related to aircraft valuation and appraisal reporting.
- Market Research – Carver Aero provides market reports for specific year, make, & model aircraft. This type of data is useful for evaluating aircraft pricing, market activity, aircraft utilization and historical sales.